Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Fall Project Bag Fabrics

 THINK FALL. Oh how I long for it's cool temperatures and sweatshirts. Yes, I love, love, love, love, them. I've inherited it. My dad loves sweatshirts and sweatshirt weather too. It's my favorite thing to have it not too cold and not too hot so I can spend hours outside comfortably. Something our area doesn't know much about.

We occasionally get a short fall, though without the profusion of beautiful colored leaves because well, we haven't got hardly any trees, an essential ingredient to fall beauty. And spring, well in our country it springs from winter to summer with hardly an interim.

As for winter, I don't like extremely cold weather but I can at least put more clothes on and turn up the heat.

Hot ole summer, well it is shear torture for me. I suffer with Addison's disease that HATES the heat and rivers pour off me as my body protests leaving me miserable and dehydrated despite medication.

With such a particular companion, I can't help but wish for Fall. I know it is a sin to wish time away but how can one help it when summer leaves me weak and miserable? I'd move way up north if it weren't for my beloved garden. Yup, the only good thing about summer.
But I was talking about Fall. I went into this fabric store while I was off with my hubby helping him with his demonstration at a Blacksmith Artist convention. The fabrics and cool air conditioning transported me off and for a little while I was in heaven enjoying Fall, at least through fabrics.

So if Fall is on your mind too, let me know if one of these fabrics tweaks your fancy and I'll whip up a project bag out of it just for you and I'll reserve it for you on my Etsy site so you can purchase it with a credit card or Pay Pal account.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCalicoBush?ref=si_shop

In the first picture, the top fabric on the left has a beautiful gold thread that weaves around the leaves and will be the outside of the bag with the fabric on the right, the lining.

In the second picture, the green fabric on the bottom is the outside and the lighter fabric the liner for the sock size project bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment